Working on Indigenous Lands
Avoid miscommunication by learning about the commitments the Crown has made to Indigenous peoples’ communities.
This online course explains the importance of the constitution and treaties to Indigenous peoples.
Developed for employees working on or nearby Indigenous peoples’ lands.
Understanding and respecting the rights of Indigenous peoples and their lands helps build a bridge for future cooperation and collaboration.
What You'll Learn
- Learn respectful practices on Indigenous peoples’ lands
- Discover the duty to consult and accommodate
- Explore the numbered treaties
- Understand the responsibilities of consultation officers
- Learn about the culture and history of Indigenous peoples
- Identify the “Not in my backyard” moments
- Recognize your role and responsibility
- And more...